QuickBooks is, in fact, the most well-known software for invoicing and accounting offered, but it’s not the only option because we have other QuickBooks alternatives. If you’re thinking of an alternative to QuickBooks, there are likely some reasons to consider this. QuickBooks is a costly alternative, especially if running the version for desktop use. It’s a fully-featured accounting program; however, perhaps you’re not looking to use all the tools as an individual business.
- QuickBooks is the leading accounting software in the market. However, it’s not the only choice for small businesses.
- Many competing accounting software applications are user-friendly and compatible with payroll.
- Xero and Sage, along with other accounting software applications, are a good alternative to QuickBooks.
- This post is intended for small business owners looking for alternative accounting software that is not QuickBooks.
What is QuickBooks?
QuickBooks is among the most well-known small-scale accounting software that businesses utilize to manage expenditures and income and monitor the health and financial condition of their businesses. It can be used to invoice customers, pay bills, produce reports, and prepare tax returns. QuickBooks is a great choice for tax preparation. The QuickBooks product line has a range of solutions that everyone can use, from freelancers to mid-sized businesses.
QuickBooks has a range of alternatives. We recommend QuickBooks Online for most new companies. You can test QuickBooks Online for free with the 30-day trial, which does not require a credit card.
QuickBooks is a top choice among accounting software providers, boasting an intuitive interface, powerful features, and a wide range of integrations from third parties. If you are considering software that can help your small business, Your first thought could be the QuickBooks program for accounting. Although QuickBooks is in a prestigious position, it is getting more overcrowded. This provides you with various options for choosing the best software suite to meet your business’s requirements.
The QuickBooks Alternatives list 2022
In the article, we’ll discuss the best options for accounting software that isn’t QuickBooks and QuickBooks and their pricing and features to help you choose the most suitable software to meet your company’s requirements. We’ve also made sure these options don’t encrypt your information, which means you can export your data in CSV or Excel files. CSV and Excel files.
- Zoho Books: Best overall QuickBooks alternative (9.10 out of 10 points)
- Xero: Ideal for users with unlimited access (8.64 from 10 ))
- Sage 50cloud: Best alternative to QuickBooks Desktop for keeping the books of multiple businesses (7.30 from 10 marks)
- FreshBooks: Best for outstanding customer service (6.18 from 10 marks)
- invoice Ninja Ideal for invoices with unlimited amounts (5.84 from 10)
Zoho Books – a low-cost software
Zoho Books is full-featured software that is a powerful accounting tool and sophisticated features and robust invoicing at a fraction of the price of QuickBooks. Despite its low price, it gives users access to the best features you’ll find in more expensive options.
When we conducted the course of our analysis of Zoho Books, we found the software to be user-friendly and easy to use. Its basic Accounting capabilities include project and fixed assets management and time tracking. Additionally, it comes with powerful security features that protect your information.
Zoho isn’t just easier to use than QuickBooks. It also offers all of the advanced features and more mobile-friendly apps – for the same price.
Zoho Books’ usability in areas like bookkeeping, tracking time and project purchase and sales tracking, and inventory management nearly surpasses what other applications such as QuickBooks provide. Additionally, it provides better assistance tools, which are crucial for accomplishing accounting duties.
- Fantastic navigation and support: The user interface of Zoho Books is clean, elegant, and appealing, with simple navigation buttons in the side panel that allow you to access Documents quickly, Purchases, Sales Reports, Dashboards, Dashboards, and Banking. There are many support tools like FAQs, forums, documentation, and various ways to reach experts via email, phone, and chat.
- Special reports: This software creates reports that cover a range of areas such as sales, purchases, receivables, and payables. It has advanced filters that allow you to alter reports and create reports based on date and time, then send reports via email in various formats.
- Access to mobile devices: Zoho Books excels at Android and iOS apps, much like its browser-based counterpart. Apart from the features that are standard in a multi-screen interface, the app also includes Contact records and other sophisticated features.
Pricing and plans
Zoho Books is a versatile accounting tool that can accommodate many different users. Your business can benefit from its advanced features without the complexity and cost associated with other software like QuickBooks.
Zoho Books offers a 14-day trial at no cost and three price plans based on the number of customers, users, vendors, and features. Prices start with a monthly fee of $9, similar to that of the Start plan, which costs $25 for QuickBooks.
Who should utilize it:
Zoho Invoice is most suitable for freelancers and small service-based businesses because it does not include inventory tracking or accounting functions. For instance, there are no balance sheets or banking reconciliation options.
Xero – beautiful software
This cloud-based software is straightforward to use, which is why the company describes its interface as “beautiful.” As we examined Xero, the company’s focus on minimalism was apparent across the interface, features, and processes.
Xero is also free of accounting and finance jargon and offers new users an easy learning curve. It provides a user-friendly suite of functions, which includes a variety of aspects of management and financial reporting for your company.
The core capabilities of Xero are comparable to QuickBooks and other software for accounting. The difference lies in the method in which data is presented, as well as these subtle features:
- A dashboard that is easy to use: Both QuickBooks Online and Xero offer intuitive dashboards that show all relevant information, including cash flow data from every bank. While QuickBooks has a more sophisticated approach, Xero’s design is more minimalist.
- Reconciliation and bank account Xero has a powerful reconciliation feature for banks that lets you download large amounts of transactions that match your entries. You can then verify or deny, similar to the way QuickBooks works.
- Reports and customizations: Xero generates reports using the direct method, whereas QuickBooks allows you to create cash flow statements using either the indirect or direct method. There are more than 50 reports available that cover sales, cash flow budgeting, and expense. The reports can be personalized, and you can save favorite reports for quick access.
- Fixed asset control: This feature is something competitors – such as QuickBooks- cannot offer.
With Xero’s fixed asset management, you’ll be able to identify and track assets such as machines, vehicles, hardware, and office equipment and keep track of what you can gain from your company assets.
Pricing and plans
Xero is a less expensive software than QuickBooks, and its price is between $11 and $62 per month. The company provides three pricing levels to select from after your 30-day free trial is finished. The pricing tiers differ in the number of invoices or invoices and quotations.
QuickBooks, however, on its side, provides four options to add capabilities and features as you advance. They are also more expensive and range between $25 and $180 per month.
Who should utilize it:
The best reason to select Xero as your software for invoicing is if you are expecting your business to expand and you require accounting software.
The cloud version of Sage is a great alternative to QuickBooks If you’re looking for a low-cost method of managing your small-scale business. It comes with full accounting software, including reconciling bank accounts, balance sheets, inventory management along with the management of cash flows. It also integrates into Microsoft 365.
With a comprehensive array of functions, Sage Cloud and Desktop offers flexible accounting software to run your business. This tool lets you pay bills, generate invoices, and control your balance sheet and cash flow.
- Microsoft 365 integration: This feature makes this accounting software stand out from others. Thanks to Microsoft 365 integration, you can access reports using Excel, access contacts from Outlook, and backup your documents using OneDrive. After the data is saved within the cloud storage, you will be able to use the account of your Microsoft login to view all of it without having to install Sage on your desktop.
- The standard user interface age and QuickBooks utilize standard navigation conventions to make it simple for users to begin. However, all important information is on the main screen, with more features constantly being added.
- Transactions and records: Sage offers a comprehensive service for inventory, vendor, and customer records. It also has detailed templates for every transaction required to manage the sale, bill, and purchase orders, quotes, and quotes.
- Mobile and reports: QuickBooks offers impressive customizability in the area of reporting. However, Sage surpasses it in terms of the capability to create several filters. It also provides interactive reports that show the details when you click the entries. Additionally, it has a variety of mobile apps that you can use, such as one that can take photos of receipts to enter data automatically.
Pricing and plans
Although Sage isn’t the most cost-effective solution available, its service and unrestricted transactions offer more value for money.
For the basic $25/month account, you will get various features, such as the ability to forecast cash flows, tools for inventory, and unlimited users. These tools can be more expensive than other accounting software providers, such as QuickBooks.
Sage even has a starter plan that costs just $10 per month and includes expenses and income management. Both plans offer a no-cost trial period of 30 days.
FreshBooks – best for self-employed
Another well-known invoicing and bookkeeping solution that can be a fantastic alternative compared to QuickBooks can be FreshBooks. The recent addition of double-entry accounting makes it an attractive alternative for your business or solo business.
The accounting software comes with easy-to-use features, such as managing projects, customized invoices, and cost tracking, and the complete solution to meet your accounting requirements.
Awe-inspiring usability and an intelligent selection of options make this accounting system ideal for small-scale businesses or self-employment ventures.
- An effective interface software features an effective onboarding procedure that makes it simple to create accounts. The dashboard is useful since it gives a comprehensive overview of your business’s finances through charts. It’s easy to locate all essential features such as invoices, payments, reports, time tracking, extensions, and clients.
- Tools for managing projects: This software beats its competitors in its features to manage projects. You can assign projects to individuals in your team or external clients or invoice based on hourly or flat rates and then add expenses, services, and invoices to projects.
- Mobile applications: FreshBooks offers apps for Android and iOS that give access to crucial work areas such as making invoices and client records along with reporting and project tools to keep you up-to-date with your accounting while when you’re on the move.
Pricing and plans
FreshBooks offers three pricing plans that have monthly costs ranging from $1 to $50, contingent upon the number of customers and required features. Prices and plans are like those offered by QuickBooks, which have greater features and functions. But, FreshBooks is far easier to use, provides more customer support, and is a good option for small businesses with minimal requirements.
Who is the person who should be using it:
Small or new businesses will be wise to choose FreshBooks to bill and track expenses. It’s a straightforward software that allows you to create an unlimited number of invoices, including regular invoices, at cost-effective prices.
In comparing Invoice Ninja to QuickBooks, it’s crucial to keep in mind that Invoice Ninja’s capabilities are predominantly related to invoices and billing. There are tools for managing projects, including time tracking and customizable invoices, but it’s not fully-fledged accounting software. It’s, therefore, a great QuickBooks alternative. However, it’s not going to be able to perform everything QuickBooks can do.
One of the top reasons to use Invoice Ninja is the free plan available forever. The free plan has a plethora of beneficial features for companies that must monitor billable hours, project expenditures, invoices, and expenses. You can also customize the invoices and quotes you receive, but the free plan comes with Invoice Ninja logos. You’re also restricted to 50 clients with your free account. Upgrade to an upgrade plan for unlimited clients and eliminate branding.
There are many other features within Invoice Ninja not typically included in accounting and invoicing software, including client segmentation, subscription billing, and tools for managing projects. Invoice Ninja offers an open self-hosted, open-source version of its software (which requires certain dev skills) and a cloud-based version, so you should choose the one you prefer.
Who is the person who should be using it:
Small businesses want a free invoicing solution with unique features to help run a business–particularly a service-based business.
- Trials for free are available.
- Unlimited invoices
- Choose your payment gateway.
- Time tracking is included.
- Built-in client portal
- Limited customers on a free plan
- No integration with third-party apps on the free plan
Once you’ve been able to understand the most effective QuickBooks alternatives, it is now time to select the most suitable solution by looking at the size and the requirements of your company. Most of them allow you to try a trial period free of charge, which you can use to test the various options before deciding on one.